Tuesday 22 May 2018

Witch card

Hello Everyone!

My DT project for Crafteezee today it's quite unusual.
I came across two old pieces of paper which were all the inspiration I needed to make this card. So I challenged myself and I did it!
I like the mysterious-fearful theme of witchcraft, and I hope I have caught the spirit of the old incomprehensible mysteries unknown to ordinary folks.




This card was made with The Witching Hour, Beyond the grave and Patchwork of Life, Family quilt paper sheets. Although they seem incompatible, the combination of those two was perfect for this project.

I used two pieces of lace, Lace Imogen and Lace Rebecca, which I have placed in between the layers of the card. This proved to be a delightful addition to the layers of the card. 






Continuing to what I feel is the most dramatic part of the card, the beautiful and stunning Red Rose and the Black Lotos Flower. The rose was made out of red foamiran and the petals were coloured with oil pastels. 





As you can see, the petals of the flower have begun to fade and fall (completely in line with the theme of the card :-). One of them took its place on the central Antique Bronze Filagree Oval Frame. 

It's pathetic, isn't it?





I hope that you find lots of inspiration from my bewitching card :-)!



Have a lovely new week!
Hugs!
Elena xxx




The products used can be ordered in the www.crafteezee.co.uk webshop:


2 comments:

  1. Нестандартен и интересен проект, Ели!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Никога не съм правила нещо подобно, Маги, но пък беше забавно, а поръчителката се разтопи от щастие и каза, че приятелката и ще бъде очарована :-). Е, какво по-хубаво от това да зарадваш две истински вещици?! По-добре щастливи отколкото разгневени :-)

      Delete

Blue Extravaganza

 Hello dear friends! I am really into creating fabric flowers for card making and last few months my work is dedicated to this activity. The...